Preparing Now for Post-Pandemic Student Success
These past 2 years have been rightfully called “unprecedented, uncertain, challenging,” and more. Now Irvington Community Schools is turning our attention to another year like no other. This year, we’ll see a school year filled with energy, creativity, positivity, and greater possibility for all ICS students. Here are some highlights as we move forward:
- ICS held summer school to help K-12 students recover from learning loss and position them for academic success this school year.
- When we reconvened in late July, Irvington Community Elementary School celebrated our second Pre-K class for four-year-olds, to prepare them — and save a seat — for kindergarten.
- Our Advanced Placement (AP) coursework is expanding at IPA to further challenge our students in preparation for college.
- ICS is offering a free virtual tutoring program focusing on Mathematics and English Language Arts for all students.
- As ever, ICS faculty and support staff will continue focusing on cultivating meaningful working relationships and a greater sense of belonging with students, families, and the neighborhoods we serve.
Not only are we returning to a rigorous, highly engaging student academic experience for the new school year, we’ll have extensive K-12 social and emotional learning (SEL) curriculum and supports in place, along with nursing and therapeutic services from our partners at Community Health Network.
So as you can see, ICS is already well down the pandemic recovery road – and doing it The Irvington Way. Better together.
Volume #2 Issue #5
The Friday Finish! Week ending February 3, 2023 Happy Sunday, Dear Colleagues! Yes, I am a wee bit tardy to the party with this Friday
Volume #2 Issue #4
The Friday Finish! Week ending January 27, 2023 Happy Friday, Irvington Family! I hope that everyone had an enjoyable and productive ABBREVIATED week! Going into
Volume #2 Issue #3
The Friday Finish! SPECIAL “HAPPY NEW YEAR” EDITION! January 20, 2023 Happy Friday, ICS Family! I realize that I am egregiously late with your “Happy
Indiana Department of Education Announces STEM Integration Grant Recipients
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJan. 9, 2023 Indiana Department of Education Announces STEM Integration Grant Recipients INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) today announced that 48 school