Preparing Now for Post-Pandemic Student Success in 2021-2022
This past year has been rightfully called “unprecedented, uncertain, challenging,” and more. Now Irvington Community Schools is turning our attention to another year like no other. This year, we’ll see a school year filled with energy, creativity, positivity, and greater possibility for all ICS students. Here are some highlights as we move into the 2021-2022 school year:
- ICS held summer school to help K-12 students recover from learning loss and position them for academic success this school year. This past June, ICS K-8 students participated in the Indy Summer Learning Labs’ four-week program, and Irvington Preparatory Academy students attended a three-week session focused on credit recovery.
- When we reconvened in late July, Irvington Community Elementary School celebrated the launch of our inaugural Pre-K class for four-year-olds, to prepare them — and save a seat — for kindergarten.
- We’ve started the 2021-2022 year with the launching of our new MakerSpace at IPA, which all ICS grades will use in support of Project-Based Learning.
- Our Advanced Placement (AP) coursework is expanding at IPA to further challenge our students in preparation for college.
- ICS is offering an in-house, free virtual tutoring program focusing on Mathematics and English Language Arts for all students.
- As ever, ICS faculty and support staff will continue focusing on cultivating meaningful working relationships and a greater sense of belonging with students, families, and the neighborhoods we serve.
Not only are we returning to a rigorous, highly engaging student academic experience for the 2021-2022 school year, we’ll have extensive K-12 social and emotional learning (SEL) curriculum and supports in place, along with nursing and therapeutic services from our partners at Community Health Network.
So as you can see, ICS is already well down the pandemic recovery road – and doing it The Irvington Way. Better together.
SPECIAL MESSAGE: ICS Board of Governors Announces ICS Interim CEO Assignment
SPECIAL MESSAGE: ICS Board of Governors Announces ICS CEO Resignation