New Athletics Director Chosen for Irvington Community Schools
The Irvington Community School Corporation has selected Ms. Joanna Wiggins to serve as its next Athletics Director (AD), effective June 1, 2023.
Ms. Wiggins comes to ICS from Herron Classical Schools, where she has served as its AD since 2013. She received her BS degree in Health & Physical Education from Indiana University, and is a Certified Master in Athletic Administration, receiving this credential from the National Interscholastic Administrators Association.
While serving as AD at Herron, Ms. Wiggins:
• Coordinated the scheduling for all home events & fundraising efforts, overseeing over 250 staff & volunteers.
• Created & Maintained contracts with over 100 officials, over 50 schools, & dozens of local athletic facilities for use.
• Planned & held professional development activities for 30 coaches through the Herron High Coaches Retreat.
• Organized multiple athletics fundraisers to support sports teams’ financial self sufficiency and,
• Created & implemented Coaches & Student-Athlete Handbooks, Parent Code of Conduct, & a Varsity Letter Jacket program.
Ms. Wiggins is a member of the Board of Directors of the Marion County Coaches of Girls Sports Association, serves as Vice President of the Indianapolis City Alliance serving 14 schools, was the Director of the Marion County Athletic Association, is a member of the Global Community of Women in High School Sports, and is a member of the Indiana Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association and the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association.
Ms. Wiggins will be formally introduced to the Irvington Community during the April 26 Board of Governors meeting, which is scheduled for 6 p.m. at Irvington Community Middle School.