Irvington Community Elementary School (ICES) offers a rigorous academic program with a focus on individual results and achievement.
Assessment tools are used to drive instruction and target individual student needs through differentiated instruction, small group instruction, pull-out services (involving small group work with instructional assistants, instructional coaches, and/or special education instructors), and after-school tutoring and enrichment sessions.
Teachers at ICES employ a variety of instructional resources ranging from Internet and computer technology, novels, textbooks, videos, and hands-on materials. Textbooks are only one small part of instructional resources used at ICES. The following textbook series have been adopted as tools to aid instruction:
- Math: Savvas EnVision Math
- Science: Savvas Interactive Science
- Social Studies: McGraw Hill Impact Social Studies
- Language Arts/Reading:
- McGraw Hill Wonders (Reading and Language Arts, grades 1-5)
- remedial LA/Reading supports are provided through Orton Gillingham Interventions